Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: You Can't Read Just One

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 with 14 comments



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More.

April's Picks:



1. Melissa Kantor - I listened to Maybe One Day earlier this year and I absolutely fell in love with it. Harper just approved me for  her next book, so I'm dying to drop everything to pick it up.

2. Jennifer Brown - She has a few books, but Torn Away is the only one I've read so far. I need to get on these soon!

3. Jennifer Echols - Okay, so technically, I did try to read another one of her books but it was a self published one I believe and I got a few percent in before I DNFd. But I still would like to try another of her more popular books.

4. Jessi Kirby - When I read Moonglass, I don't think there was much else out there of hers. I feel like I blinked an eye and now she has all these books I need to catch up on.

5. Lauren DeStefano - I read and loved Wither. Bought the rest of the series. I purchased Perfect Ruin, and I have the galley for Burning Kingdoms. Why oh why haven't I read any more of her stuff? Jeesh, I suck.

Honorable mention, I forgot to mention Gayle Forman. I have only read If I Stay so far.



Jen's Picks:


Technically, I also read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, which was co-written by John Green and David Levithan, but since it was a collaboration, I'm not counting it. I do have several more of Green's novels on my shelves...I just haven't gotten to them yet. I've only read Courtney Summers' zombie novel, but the heart of the novel wasn't really about zombies at all, and it leads me to believe I'd like her other books. The Kiss of Deception was the first Mary E. Pearson book I'd read and I am in love now. I must read her back-list as soon as possible. I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for not having read anything else by Melina Marchetta, especially not Finnikin, considering my love of high fantasy, but let it be known that I do own several other books by the author and just need to find the time. Claire Legrand is a newish author but I've not heard a single negative thing about any of her works, which is why I HAD to read the Nutcracker-inspired Winterspell...which I ended up adoring and now need to read her middle-grade titles, which come highly recommended.


Which authors do you need to read more of after having loved the first book you read of theirs? Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



14 comments:

  1. I've only read Golden by Jessi Kirby and I loved it so much. I think I need to read more of her books, too. I've heard so many good things about Melina Marchetta but I haven't read anything by her as well and I am dying to read ALL of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor as well, so she also made my TTT list! I'd recommend Golden by Jessi Kirby if you liked Moonglass (which I still need to read), and by reading this post I've been reminded of how I've been meaning to read Wither for aaaages! Great list :)

    Eugenia @ Genie In A Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your list. The only author I've read on it is John Green. I read TFIOS by him, and Looking for Alaska. Looking for Alaska was okay, but it got boring at times. Here's a link to my list:
    http://kaylasreadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-tuesday-you-cant-just-read-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Kiss of Deception was so GOOD! I'd definitely want to read more of Pearson :)

    Sparrow’s Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFIOS made my list too! I just don't think I'm brave enough to read another John Green title though I really want too ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. By John Green I only read Looking for Alaska and The fault in our stars. I'm really curious about his other books, but I feel like I'll be dissapointed because a lot of people who liked TFIOS didn't like his other books. I also wasn't a huge fan of Looking for Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Such a Rush too and loved it! I need to read The Kiss of Deception and Jellicoe Road!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I also loved Wither, but wasn't as blown away by Fever. I really want to finish the trilogy though! I've read another of Echols' books but always felt drawn to Such A Rush! I've never read about a girl pilot before.
    Jen, I can only recommend Courtney Summers' Some Girls Are! It's very powerful. And I really want Winterspell...

    Great picks, both of you :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove Such a Rush and this is Not a Test. I need to try more Courtney Summers books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read TFiOS by John Green too, but I would love to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently on my third John Green novel, and you can tell that he has a certain style to his writing. There's a lot of authors on this list that are on my TBR list, but hopefully I'll get around to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I've only read TFiOS by John Green as well.


    Check out my TTT list here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the second time I've seen Jellicoe Road on this list! I need to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MELINA MARCHETTA! Stop what you doing/reading and pick up her books immediately! :P Seriously though, favorite author right there. Jellicoe is my favorite, but I am in love with everything she writes! I think you'd love the Finnikin series, Jen!
    April, I highly recommend Golden! Such beautiful writing and a heartwarming story. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...